Hertz is now hiring a Rental Fleet Business Operations Manager.
In this role, you will have operational management responsibility and you will be given the opportunity to further hone your management and leadership skills while driving results across one or more functional areas of operations. You will be assigned specific area(s) such as IR, Counter, Gold/Exit Gate, or Bus.
You are responsible for:
• Managing a unionized and/or non-unionized workforce.
• Delivering quality customer service.
• Increasing sales and revenue.
• Scheduling adequate staff coverage.
• Handling escalated customer issues and requests.
• Recruiting new employees and providing them with training.
• Being an expert in all Hertz products and services.
• Coaching employees on how to improve their ability to sell and meet customer needs.
• Staying aware of rental fleet hourly reservations, return counts, vehicle make and model availability, preventative maintenance schedules, etc. at your location.
You will work on the day-to-day aspects of the rental car business while using superior management, leadership, and customer service skills. You'll work with a wide range of employees, customers, vendors, and third party contractors to achieve the overall results and goals for your area of operations.
To be a successful Functional Manager you need:
• A strong commitment to developing and learning a wide variety of skills so that you can advance to higher levels at Hertz.
• A desire to grow with Hertz, including a willingness to live and work in a number of different cities throughout the United States.
• A deep desire to work with and lead others as a team to build a business that is both fast-paced and continually improving.
• An ability to manage all aspects of the rental car business from Customer Service, Sales, Fleet Management, Maintenance, Vehicle Service, Vehicle Replenishment, and Financial Analysis.
• An ability to remain levelheaded and calm with both customers and employees as you assist them through challenging situations.
• An ability to be a Hertz Brand Ambassador at all times as you seek to create a positive environment and solutions that generate continued customer and employee loyalty.
You'll also need:
• At minimum an Associate’s Degree (four-year degree is preferred for this role).
• Strong management, communications, interpersonal relationship, customer service, problem solving, fleet management, and sales skills.
• Strong planning and logistical skills.
Hertz Global has an exciting portfolio of rental car brands – including Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly, as well as Donlen – and a long legacy of innovation and industry firsts. Our aspiration is to rent cars better than anyone else. This simple but powerful statement of intent fuels our single-minded focus on the quality and convenience of our products and services as well as the experience and value we provide to our customers and other stakeholders.
We want our employees to feel inspired and empowered. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to building an atmosphere where people feel proud of where they work, what they do and how they contribute. Every employee has the chance to spearhead ground-breaking work in a fully collaborative environment, providing them a stimulating and enriching career experience.
Plan to meet our recruiters on Tuesday, August 28th, from 10am-1:30pm! Complete our Quick Apply to submit your contact information and receive location information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.